You may think you know a lot about true crime and serial killers, but we bet there’s info in this article that you’ve never come across before. From little known facts about the most infamous killers to stories about less-discussed murderers, the facts here cover it all.
Prepare to be royally creeped out.
1. Jeffrey Dahmer gave the people in his apartment building sandwiches that could’ve possibly been made from his victims’ flesh.
2. Rodney Alcala, aka the “Dating Game Killer,” won an episode of The Dating Game in 1978—in the midst of his murder spree.
3. The Gainesville Ripper purposefully “posed” his victims’ dead bodies to amplify the gory scene for when law enforcement arrived.
4. Richard Ramirez, aka “The Night Stalker,” would often pick homes at random, entering through unlocked doors and windows.
5. The BTK Killer, Dennis Rader, would case and break into his victims’ houses to wait for them before he killed them.
6. Robert Pickton ground up his victims and fed them to the pigs on his farm.
7. Though one of the most prolific serial killers of all time, Ted Bundy ironically used to work at a suicide hotline.
8. Bundy also never admitted the actual number of women he murdered. When the count officially reached 36, he slyly said “add one digit.” So it could be 361, 136, or something else—we’ll never know.
9. H.H. Holmes sometimes sold the skeletons of his victims to medical schools.
10. Ed Kemper, aka the Co-ed Killer, narrated hundreds of books on tape for blind people while in prison in the ’80s.
11. Joe Metheny, aka “The Cannibal,” would mix the flesh of his victims with animal meat and sell it as burgers at his food stand.
12. One of Jeffrey Dahmer’s victim’s lives could have been spared, had Dahmer not charmingly talked his way out of trouble with the police.
13. When police asked Henry Lee Lucas why he didn’t join his partner in crime, Ottis Toole, in barbecuing and eating one of their victims, he replied, “I don’t like barbecue sauce.”
14. Albert Fish used to shove pins and needles into his anus and scrotum just to feel the pain.
15. Fish also wrote a letter to one of his victims’ parents, describing how tasty her body was.
16. Richard Chase would capture small animals and devour them raw, sometimes blending the corpses with Coca Cola to make a “milkshake”.
This story was first published on did you know?